When it comes to managing a business, organizing a marketing campaign will always be a constant in your plans. The question here is whether you are up to the task. Planning, organizing, and executing an appointment setting campaign should be a part of your daily activities. But there is the question of capacity in your part. How will you get your marketing team to up their game play in increasing the sales leads they are looking for? Considering how difficult it was to generate new B2B leads in the market these days, you really need to know where to start. And here are some suggestions for you:
- Ask only what is necessary – think of this as your first date, where your business prospects are not yet willing to share with you their darkest secrets. To put them at ease, as well as get you started, you need to ask them only what your marketing team truly needs. You can follow-up the details once you are on your way in lead nurturing.
- Follow-up quickly – the first sixty minutes of a business call is crucial to your lead generation team. Whether this is from a customer inquiry, complaint, or an actual customer, the chances of you staying in their good graces gets exponentially smaller once the one hour mark is past. You can arrange for a telemarketing representative to call them back immediately and see what can be done for them.
- Concentrate on them, seriously – for a successful sale, it is not about you or your products being offered. Rather, you should be focused on your customer’s needs and see to it that whatever you are offering will actually work for them. There are just too many cases of marketers pushing their wares to prospects that, simply put, have absolutely no need for them.
- No need to rush the sale – here is the thing, when you receive an initial sales call, try not to go straight at head with the sale. You need to first establish a connection with them. As a marketer, it is your responsibility to perk the interest of prospects and keep your company at the top of their minds. Remember, most of the sales you make come after the third or fourth call to prospects.
- Nurture, nurture, nurture – this is a task that many marketers seem loathe to do, but is exactly what you need. Most business prospects are not interested in your offers yet. Maybe in the future, yes. That is why you need to put some effort in your marketing, by keeping your business at the top of their minds. Send them emails, newsletters, forum invitations, or even a simple ‘touching base’ call. These can be very effective marketing tactics to use.
It can be really interesting to note just where your business can go with the right marketing tactic. You see, in a successful appointment setting campaign, you need to use several marketing mediums. Getting the right fit and support can be a big boost for you.