AU Security Firm Gets 1,800+ Sales Appointments from 18-Month Callbox Campaign
- Completed an 18-month integrated appointment setting campaign that exceeded the Client’s targets
- Delivered an average of 101 qualified appointments each month, which was 17 times more than what the Client’s in-house efforts had generated
- Added more than 2,300 new prospects into the Client’s pipeline, expanding its potential reach in NSW and QLD
The Client develops, installs, and maintains access control and CCTV systems for businesses, as well as offers security integration services and customized security solutions. The Client primarily sells to small and medium-sized organizations across a wide range of industries all over Australia.
The Client ranks as one of the leading Sydney-based security companies that specialize in fully-integrated video surveillance solutions for businesses. The company offers its products and services directly to customers, as well as through its network of channel partners and contractors.
To address the growing competition in its home state of New South Wales and some areas in Queensland, The company adopted a more proactive marketing approach, which added direct outreach into the marketing mix to complement its existing inbound program.
The Client initially carried out outbound activities in-house with its inside sales team researching and contacting cold prospects via phone and emails. But the effort only managed to deliver 37 appointments after six months (or an average of 6 per month).
It was clear that the Client had a hard time scaling its outbound marketing activities. Prospecting took up nearly half of their inside sales team’s time, and the company wasn’t sure how hiring new reps would improve results.
That was when the company decided to outsource its outbound marketing program and let Callbox handle the time-consuming tasks of identifying and setting sales appointments.
The Callbox Solution
Callbox planned an initial one-month campaign for the Client, since the company wanted to see first how partnering with an outside provider would work out. The main strategy behind the campaign was to use a combination of email outreach and phone conversations to qualify prospects and schedule meetings on behalf of the company’s reps.
Right after the pilot program, the Client decided to proceed with the campaign and reviewed the project status on a monthly basis. The two main campaign components (phone-based appointment setting and targeted email outreach) focused on these activities:
1. The campaign primarily targeted proprietors, managing directors, managing partners, and (secondarily) other persons in charge of business security at SMEs in NSW and QLD.
2. Callbox closely collaborated with the Client to create the materials for the campaign, including call scripts and the prospect list.
3. Agents engaged the target prospects in one-on-one conversations in order to introduce the Client’s latest line of video surveillance systems and to book qualified prospects for a face-to-face consulting session with one of the company’s licensed security specialists.
1. The Callbox team used emails to initiate contact with prospects and to nurture them throughout the campaign.
2. The campaign also relied on emails to follow up with and respond to prospect inquiries and requests.
3. Callbox crafted and tested the email templates and landing page based on the Client’s requirements and feedback.
The campaign ran for a total of 18 months. In the campaign’s first month alone (despite two weeks spent warming up and nurturing prospects), the Client received 55 qualified appointments, which was around 1.5 times what the company was able to generate from its six-month in-house prospecting activities.
This led the Client to request more calling agents from Callbox to be assigned to the campaign in the subsequent months. This, in turn, helped steadily increase the number of qualified appointments produced during the first few quarters of the campaign.
By the end of the 18-month campaign, Callbox handed a total of 1,829 qualified appointments to the Client, (or an average of 101 qualified appointments each month). The campaign also added 1,993 follow-ups and 414 requests for information to the Client’s prospect pipeline.