Nowadays, prospects have different needs, likes and dislikes, have a preference as to which channel is accessible and easy to use when searching for vendors online. Most successful companies mentioned that getting close to their customers is their top priority to ensure success.
But why is it important for an advertising agency to get closer to your customers?
As a marketer, it is best to gain a deeper understanding of your prospect’s behavior in order to communicate with them effectively.
In the modern world of the advertising industry, we all know that the prospect’s journey to look for an advertising company for their business has changed. Companies don’t just choose someone just because they have a budget. Just like other industries, they research and compare services before choosing someone to create promotional ideas, plan and conduct advertising campaigns for them.
According to Forrester, consumers are at 90% of their buying journey before they reach out to a vendor.
So here are some ways on how to get closer to your customers before they can even decide which vendor to choose.
Listen to your prospects
In this new era, listening to your customers is important in order to understand and respond to their needs, identify which stage they are in their buying process and know how to communicate with them effectively.
What to listen to?
- Behavior. What do they usually do? Do they comment on a blog post? Do you use social media? Do they check their emails often?
- Interest. What do they want? What are the current trends of your audience?
- Sentiments. What are they saying? What words do they use? What problems do they need solutions?
Don’t hesitate to go out or pick up the phone
Let’s face it, you can’t just sit in front of your computer and wait for people to find you. That’s not how it works. If you want more people to know more about you, talk to them about your business and what you do.
Build a strong online presence
Whether be it through blogging or social media, you have to show the world that you can create campaigns and market any business or product. How?
- Through website. Utilize SEO. Create high-quality contents and use the right keywords. Regardless of what you do just make sure to rank high on a search engine for people to see you whenever they search for something online.
- Through social media. Many businesses have acquired their customers through social media such as Facebook and Instagram. Facebook is considered the largest platform to attract customers. Small to big companies create Facebook pages to create brand awareness. According to Statista, in 2018, the number of Facebook users in Singapore is expected to reach 3.2 million, up from 2.9 million in 2016.
- Through mobile app. According to a blog post from sbr.com.sg, based on Nielsen’s Smartphone Insight Study, Singapore has the highest smartphone ownership in Asia Pacific region. Businesses nowadays make sure their website is mobile ready because of most of the time, consumers search for local vendors through their smartphones.
Attend business events
Events bring people closer together. It allows vendors to connect with their prospects personally and build a relationship with them. It is a good opportunity to present your services and what your company can do for their business.
In order to reach out a wider audience, you have to be where your customers are. Understanding your prospects allows you to create a strategy on how to build a connection, interact with them effectively, and provide better service.
Finding lead generation solutions for both direct response
and brand marketing services
Get qualified leads for advertising firms Dial +65 3159.1112