In lead generation, particularly where telemarketing is involved, credibility is everything. Without it, you will never be able to get the trust of your business prospects, making it even harder for you to generate qualified sales leads. Remember, you need to build your credibility from the very start. This is the key to making your appointment setting process easier to do. So, how will you do that?
- Say your name – one of the biggest mistakes made by marketers is not saying their name clearly. How will prospects know you are a credible person if they never got your name at the very start?
- You improvise – do you know what business prospects hate the most from telemarketers? The latter follows a sales script. Using one as a guide is good, but if you depend on it (without adjusting to what the prospects say, do, or need) then you fail to prove your concern.
- Stay true – pretending, padding, or excusing your way to your business prospects may work at the start, but once they put you at closer scrutiny, then the lies will unfold and you can say to your B2B leads good-bye.
- Listen to your prospects – if all you do is talk on the phone, without letting your prospect a chance to express themselves, then you will end up making them reject you.
- Be ready – that means you study everything about your product, the market, as well as the business of your prospects. This will add to your credibility, as well as encourage confidence in your from your prospects.
Keep these tips, plus a lot more you might learn along the way, and you can build up your credibility in telemarketing.