The value of marketing automation
B2B lead generation sits at the center of sales growth as it helps in generating and converting demand for your products and services. The lack thereof in your business strategy means that you’re up for an empty sales pipeline and zero sales. Now, no business person wants that to happen.
When your sales reps don’t have leads to reach out to, nurture, and close, you’d be left incapable of projecting profits and sales. This would then have a rippling negative effect on your entire organization.
Regardless of business size and industry, lead generation remains to be a main concern among executive and management teams. Savvy marketers realize that generating a robust number of high-quality leads opens more opportunities for your sales team to close deals and generate more revenue. This makes it one of the most important factors in the customer acquisition, retention, and revenue growth process.
Explore our Services: B2B Lead Generation in Singapore and APAC
The B2B industry has shifted on the digital side, changing customer behavior and the processes that businesses do in terms of lead generation. Adapting to the latest trends is a must to survive in this fast-evolving digital economy. All these rising competition and expectations consume most of our time, making the task of manually making contact lists, sending out emails to clients, and filtering and qualifying leads a tedious, repetitive process. Marketing automation is needed to improve business workflows so that businesses can spend more time on important tasks.
Nowadays, many organizations automate their marketing initiatives to perform repetitive tasks and effectively market their goods and services online using multiple channels. It creates a way for marketing departments to save time and effort from marketing and concentrate more on other tasks that can help increase their company’s revenue.
Marketing automation refers to the use of software, technology, templates, and rules to automate and streamline marketing campaigns and activities. It allows businesses to send perfectly-timed personalized messages to both current and prospective customers based on their preferences, behavior, and interests.
It is an efficient time-saving solution that automates repetitive tasks, narrows the risk of human errors, and delivers improved outcomes. With marketing automation, you can free up time spent on manual tasks and concentrate on more important tasks like planning and designing campaigns, conducting research setting goals, measuring KPIs, maintaining brand consistency, and many other strategic activities.
When we talk about marketing automation, what typically comes to mind is email marketing automation. It actually does more than that. Some of the tasks that marketing automation can streamline are
- Lead generation, nurturing, and scoring
- Upselling and cross-selling activities
- Audience segmentation and targeting
- Conducting A/B testing to determine the most effective headlines, offers text, or visuals.
- Reporting and analytics for content and marketing strategies optimization
- Customer loyalty and retention programs
Aside from these, marketing automation also improves your customer data and develops more comprehensive customer profiles. Using this information, you can enhance the customer experience (CX) by designing customized and personalized experiences across various channels.
Hard facts about marketing automation you shouldn’t miss
- A study reveals that 94% of corporate company executives would rather prefer to use a unified platform to integrate their processes than rely on different platforms.
- According to a report, almost 70% of employees agree that automation will qualify them for a higher-paying job.
- One survey says that utilizing AI to enhance and automate operations will bring a remarkable increase in profit across businesses by 2035.
- Using marketing automation software resulted in a rise in the number of high-quality leads for 80% of marketers.
- Employees anticipate that task automation can help them save around 240 hours per year, while company leaders believe that it can save them 360 hours annually.
The different types of marketing automation software
Here are different types of software that fall under the marketing automation category:
1. Email Marketing Automation
This refers to the use of technology in automating the process of sending personalized and targeted emails to recipients based on their preferences and purchasing behavior. Through email marketing automation, businesses are able to build relationships with their clients, improve their click-through rates, and ultimately convert more leads into customers.
Some examples of email marketing automation are welcome emails, birthday or anniversary emails, re-engagement campaigns, abandoned cart emails, and post-purchase follow-ups.
Benefits of Email Marketing Automation:
Email automation allows you to:
- Personalize your customers’ experiences
- Help your marketing team save time by automating email list creation and scheduling to focus more on building stronger customer relationships.
- Helps you increase revenue
2. Mobile Marketing Automation
This refers to the use of software platforms and tools to automate different marketing campaigns and processes for mobile devices. This type of automation enables you to send automated messages, in-app messages, and push notifications to your clients and perform your SMS marketing campaigns.
Mobile marketing automation is helpful because:
- It allows you to connect and engage with your customers on their mobile devices
- Helps you save time and focus on your business by automating mobile campaigns
- Helps build customer relationships and boost sales
3. CRM Automation
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) automation refers to the capacity of the CRM system to automate manual and repetitive tasks to streamline work processes and enhance productivity. This type of automation encompasses a wide range of functions across marketing, service, and sales departments.
Some of the CRM-related tasks you can automate are sending welcome emails and follow-ups to clients, customer segmentation, lead and customer data entry and profile updates, sales tracking and analytics, and appointment reminders.
Here’s how CRM automation can assist you:
- Contributes to better customer relationship management
- Automating various business processes can help you save time
- Offers you a 360-degree view of your sales pipeline
- Boosts efficiency by streamlining lead management and assignment.
- Fosters long-term customer relationships and facilitates revenue generation
4. Social media marketing automation
Social media automation refers to the process of using automated tools to optimize social interaction. This may involve scheduling social media posts in advance or republishing trending content.
By automating tasks like social media publication, engagement, and management, businesses can conserve time and resources that could be allocated towards other aspects of the marketing budget, eventually leading to the attainment of strategic goals and objectives.
Social Media Marketing automation can help by:
- Reducing the time spent on updating brand pages manually
- Increasing audience reach and exposure
- Continuously stay active and relevant on social media even beyond business hours.
- Performing real-time social data analysis in real-time
5. Marketing Automation Analytics
Marketing Automation Analytics involves the use of data analysis tools and techniques to measure and evaluate the performance of automated marketing campaigns and activities.
Through this type of automation, you can gain insights from your campaigns without spending hours sifting through huge data chunks. This allows you to monitor all kinds of campaigns, including blog posts, social media, websites, articles, and ads so you can maximize your strengths and create successful campaigns.
Having marketing automation analytics allows you to:
- Keep track and measure your campaigns
- Optimize your campaigns for better outcomes,
- Analyze the performance of your campaigns
- Monitor your emails, social media posts, ads, and more.
6. Omnichannel Automation
This type of automation utilizes tech tools to deliver the right message to the right customers through different channels like email, mobile, and social media, voice assistants, chatbots, and other channels.
The aim of omnichannel automation is to form a unified and consistent customer experience across all channels by automating processes that facilitate communication, information-sharing, and all other business-related activities.
Omnichannel automation uses technology like AI and machine learning to make it easier and faster for customers to interact with a company. It also helps the company to handle these interactions more efficiently without needing as much human input.
The advantages of omnichannel automation are:
- Providing a seamless customer experience across different channels
- Assisting you in monitoring your customers’ engagement with your business
- Synchronizing your marketing initiatives across various channels.
Why use marketing automation for your B2B business in Singapore?
Singapore, despite its small geographical footprint and population of approximately 6 million people, has emerged as a prominent e-commerce hub in the Asia-Pacific (APAC). The flourishing B2B industry has offered vast opportunities for entrepreneurs who are starting and expanding their businesses.
This rapid industrial and economic growth that has been witnessed in the past few years can be attributed to the ease of online transactions. With internet access becoming more prevalent and the availability of gadgets like mobile phones, laptops, and computers becoming more accessible and affordable to ordinary people, more and more customers are shifting to online platforms to search and shop for their needs.
Nevertheless, these remarkable changes also bring more challenges. One of these is keeping pace with the latest marketing strategies in Singapore. Herewith we will discuss why is it important to use marketing automation for your business:
Save time and money.
B2B marketers in Singapore found out that having a limited budget is their biggest challenge. Marketing automation saves time and money. How? No need to assign people to do individual tasks allowing your resources to focus on new projects. One person can target, create campaigns and keep track of data to determine ROI on all marketing strategies implemented.
Increase in customer engagement.
Marketing automation lets you reach out to your target audience through multi-channel marketing.
You can easily attract, engage with your prospects, and nurture leads based on their buying journey.
More targeted audience.
In B2B marketing, having a targeted audience is important. And with marketing automation, B2B companies can easily identify their target audience based on the result of their marketing campaign.
Deliver quality leads.
Sales-ready leads are identified easily and passed on to the sales team because leads are pre-qualified and nurtured.
Overall, marketing automation helps improve the effectiveness of every company’s marketing and sales initiatives. Hope the benefits mentioned above give you reasons to start utilizing marketing automation for your business.
This 2023, there’s no reason to be intimidated by the marketing challenges that continue to surface in Singapore, especially now that there are many available marketing automation solutions you can use.
These automated tools can help businessmen focus on important marketing processes. With the right tools and the right lead generation company, you’re guaranteed an edge over the competition.
Are you looking for the right agency to entrust your business to? Callbox is a reputable lead generation services provider that offers a Multi-touch, Multi-channel approach to make sure that you reach, engage, and convert the right sales leads to fill your pipeline.
Our team delivers tailored solutions to reach unique target groups, individuals and businesses alike, through Voice, Chat, Email, Social Media, Web, and Webinars.