Virtual Reality, Family Volunteer Vacations, Medical Marijuana, Green Energy, Drones, Mobility Technology, Biotechnology, Content Marketing were among the innovative industries predicted in 2017 to soar in 2018, and they did. So let’s look into what the coming year has in store for Asia, as well as, the globe.
4 Megatrends for 2019
Forbes came up with their prediction last October and picked on four soaring megatrends for the coming year:
- Life-saving innovations in the Healthcare industry will be focused on by investors
- Investing in Tech is a sure winner, though FAANG (Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix, and Google) has weakened and may continue to be until next year
- Though investing in the Energy industry was the right move in 2018, investors need to be careful in taking further steps through 2019
- Content marketing strategy will become more essential next year and put customer success on the frontline.
The Healthcare Industry
IDC Community sees the following to happen in the Healthcare industry in 2019:
- 60% of Healthcare providers will make optimizing the digital patient experience a top 3 strategic imperative by 2020
- A steady progress in AI technology adoption will directly impact 25% of business processes after 2019
- 30% of Fortune 500 will offer employer-direct healthcare by 2021, as such is driven by the cost of specialty drugs and the evolution of negotiated bundled procedures
The ones gaining traction
USNews looks further to the last quarter of 2019 and onto 2020 with the following industries to boom:
- Data Crunching will not just be about getting hefty numbers, but gaining useful insights that can be translated into a business edge, and will leverage on two growing fields where data use is exploding, Marketing and Market Research.
- Counseling and Therapy on mental health is likely to increase demand for professionals in the field and is expected to grow by 41% by 2020
- Scientific Research will continue to bring breakthroughs in medicine, manufacturing, transportation
- Computer Engineering will gain more demand from big companies, specifically in Finance and Investing industries, to tie systems together for faster, more seamless and more secure processes
The Most Innovative
FAST COMPANY hails the 2018 World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies to continue to soar in 2019. Here’s half of the pack:
- CVS Health
- The Washington Post
- Marvel Studios
- Stitch Fix
- Reliance Jio
- Social Capital
- Ford Foundation
2019 for SMBs
However, The Balance Small Business named the best small business to engage with this year and potentially soar in 2019 are Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA), Skilled Trades, Software Engineering And Development, Meal Kut Sales And Delivery, Virtual Reality, Self Storage Units, Home Renovations, Bike Sales Service And Rentals and Senior Care Services.