Niche Consulting Firm Gains Solid Foothold in High-Growth SG Market
- Launched a successful Account-based Marketing Lead Generation & Appointment Setting campaign for a consulting firm in Singapore’s manufacturing and tech sectors.
- Delivered best-fit accounts and highly-qualified leads that exceeded the Client’s target numbers.
- Helped the Client carry out their expansion plans in the Singapore market.
The Client is a multinational consulting company that offers intangible asset management and valuation services. The scope of their practice covers patents, copyrights, trademarks, and other forms of intellectual property. The company works with manufacturing and technology companies in Australia, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and United States.
Intangible assets (such as patents, software, content, brand name, and digital property) account for a greater portion of the value of a business today. In Singapore, intangible assets now make up at least a third of local companies’ value, up from 20% in 2010.
The Client is looking to strengthen its presence in the Singapore market, where the rapid expansion in businesses’ intellectual property (IP) portfolios has created strong demand for many of the Client’s services.
Much of this growth has been driven by increased R&D activity in Singapore’s manufacturing, engineering, and technology sectors—which are also the Client’s main target industries.
To support their planned Singapore expansion, the Client has implemented a comprehensive marketing strategy that involves direct outreach with key decision makers from companies that strongly fit their customer profile.
Right from the outset, the Client had decided to outsource this component of their marketing plan, laying down clear requirements for what they wanted their service provider to meet:
- Extensive marketing experience in Singapore’s manufacturing, technology, and IT sectors
- Ability to provide highly-targeted access to relevant companies and contacts
- Proven track record of success in terms of sales impact
The Callbox Solution
The Client selected Callbox as their outsourced partner after extensive discussions with different marketing agencies. According to the Client, Callbox was able to show how they leverage their years of experience marketing in Singapore’s manufacturing and tech industries, including a couple of successful campaigns that resulted in new customers for other consulting firms.
Based on the Client’s objectives and requirements, Callbox determined that the best approach would be an integrated appointment setting campaign. The Client agreed to a three-month pilot program, which was then renewed for another three-month term after initial results met the Client’s expectations.
Profiling Target Customers and Contacts
- The Client’s target companies included medium-sized manufacturing, technology, and IT companies in Singapore with 50 to 499 employees and annual revenue of $5 million to $50 million.
- The key contacts were made up of CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, finance managers, IT directors, and decision makers in charge of R&D.
- Most of the contact records were obtained from Callbox’s internal leads database, while other records were acquired via research.
Multi-Touch Lead Nurturing and Conversion
- The touch points were scheduled and performed based on a nurturing cadence that matched the campaign requirements, which started with an intro email and continued with a sequence of phone and email follow-ups alongside LinkedIn activities.
- The cadence’s primary goal was to qualify interested prospects as well as book phone and in-person meetings.
- The nurturing cadence was automated and managed using Callbox’s Pipeline CRM tool.
The pilot campaign’s results exceeded the Client’s main requirement of generating at least 10 qualified appointments per month. In total, the pilot campaign delivered 43 qualified appointments (sales-qualified leads or SQLs) and 78 marketing-qualified leads (MQLs).
After the first three-month campaign, the Client renewed the contract for another three-month appointment setting program. At time of writing, the new campaign was wrapping up its third month and has produced a total of 37 qualified appointments and 67 MQLs.