Mobile Platform Deepens Pool of Potential Merchant Partners in SG Campaign
The Client is the Singapore office of a South Korea-based Internet platform developer that specializes in e-commerce, online-to-offline (O2O) solutions, and digital marketing. The company is a fully-owned subsidiary of a Fortune Global 500 firm with 2,300 employees and offices in eight countries.
Retailers, Food and Drinking Places
Owner, Restaurant Manager, Marketing Manager, General Manager
Headquartered in South Korea, The Client established its Singapore office in 2012, providing a suite of integrated marketplace platforms tailored for the local online and mobile commerce segments. This included its flagship social discovery app launched in 2013 that allowed users to share and recommend places of interest in Singapore.
One of the app’s key selling points was that it featured an extensive network of merchant partners that actively engaged users with exclusive offers and promos. The app gave participating merchants an added channel for having real-time conversations with customers, improving brand visibility through user-generated content and micro-influencers, as well as gaining valuable customer insights and contextual marketing information.
Several months after releasing the app, the Client wanted to accelerate the growth of its merchant partner network in response to very positive user adoption numbers. This led the company to consider implementing targeted marketing tactics alongside its inbound marketing efforts.
But with little experience in direct marketing and much of its marketing resources already tied up in existing programs, the Client realized the best way forward was to work with a third-party provider that specialized in targeted outreach.
• Launched a multi-touch campaign that helped accelerate the Client’s partner acquisition efforts
• Increased the number of potential merchant partners from SG retailers in the Client’s pipeline
• Expanded both branding and revenue potential with high decision maker reach rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after reviewing a shortlist of marketing agencies, pointing to Callbox’s long-term experience deploying successful campaigns in Singapore as the deciding factor.
Callbox and the Client then developed a campaign plan that combined emails and phone calls delivered as a sequence of multiple touches. The main campaign objectives included:
- Engaging decision makers to gauge fit and interest
- Booking face-to-face meetings with qualified prospects
- Collecting information needed in the Client’s sales process
1. The target prospects included business owners, restaurant managers, marketing managers, and general managers from retailers in Singapore. 2. Callbox prepared all campaign materials including the call script and campaign list, which were reviewed and approved by the Client. 3. The Callbox team maximized decision maker reach rates by leveraging SMART Calling, Callbox’s proprietary call management system. 1. The campaign’s first touch point was an intro email that primed prospects up for the sequence of one-on-one calls. Follow-up emails and targeted send-outs (for distributing additional marketing materials) were also used at later stages in the campaign. 2. The Callbox team created and tested all email materials including templates, copies, and landing pages. The team also handled replies and prospect requests. 3. The Client monitored the entire campaign (including both email marketing and phone-based appointment setting) through Pipeline CRM, Callbox’s lead management and marketing automation tool.
1. The target prospects included business owners, restaurant managers, marketing managers, and general managers from retailers in Singapore.
2. Callbox prepared all campaign materials including the call script and campaign list, which were reviewed and approved by the Client.
3. The Callbox team maximized decision maker reach rates by leveraging SMART Calling, Callbox’s proprietary call management system.
1. The campaign’s first touch point was an intro email that primed prospects up for the sequence of one-on-one calls. Follow-up emails and targeted send-outs (for distributing additional marketing materials) were also used at later stages in the campaign.
2. The Callbox team created and tested all email materials including templates, copies, and landing pages. The team also handled replies and prospect requests.
3. The Client monitored the entire campaign (including both email marketing and phone-based appointment setting) through Pipeline CRM, Callbox’s lead management and marketing automation tool.
Callbox completed the campaign in six months (or 132 days at 22 days per month), and handed off a total of 129 qualified appointments and 302 verified leads to the Client.
Since the campaign followed a multi-touch cadence that started with email activities designed to initiate contact, the Callbox team only began generating appointments near the end of the first month. Once the nurtured contacts began converting, the campaign was able to consistently deliver between 18 to 25 qualified appointments each month.
The Callbox team also achieved a relatively high decision maker reach rate of around 24% and, by the end of the campaign, the team connected with a total of 3,045 decision makers.
The Client projected that 80% of the appointments generated in the campaign would convert into qualified sales opportunities, with 60% turning into signups. That translates to 62 potential new merchant partners for the Client’s social discovery app.
Get More Singapore Software Leads. Enquire Now.
- Secure your appointment
- Tell us about your business
- Find out if we're a good fit
- Get the specifics about our services
- SINGAPORE+65 3159 1112
- AUSTRALIA+61 (02) 9037-2248
- MALAYSIA+60 (3) 9212-5776
- UNITED KINGDOM+44 (207) 442-5066
- NEW ZEALAND+64 9914 3122
- HONG KONG+852 3678 6708
To increase sales productivity, Callbox provides support to its clients by giving their sales teams access to a full stack of sales and marketing tools that drive up lead conversion. Equipped with decades of marketing expertise and powered by intuitive sales technology, Callbox helps companies grow their business exponentially.
Industries We Serve
Click on the different category headings to find out more. You can also change some of your preferences. Note that blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience on our websites and the services we are able to offer.
These cookies are strictly necessary to provide you with services available through our website and to use some of its features.
We provide you with a list of stored cookies on your computer in our domain so you can check what we stored. Due to security reasons we are not able to show or modify cookies from other domains. You can check these in your browser security settings.
We also use different external services like Google Webfonts, Google Maps, and external Video providers. Since these providers may collect personal data like your IP address we allow you to block them here. Please be aware that this might heavily reduce the functionality and appearance of our site. Changes will take effect once you reload the page.
Google Webfont Settings:
Google Map Settings:
Google reCaptcha Settings:
Vimeo and Youtube video embeds: