31-Month Campaign Yields New Cleaning Contracts for NY Janitorial Firm
- Carried out a highly successful 2-and-a-haf-year appointment setting project for a Long Island, NY-based commercial cleaning firm
- Communicated Client’s unique value proposition through campaign materials aligned with the company’s messaging requirements
- Exceeded key campaign benchmarks and minimum requirements set by the Client
The Client is a family-owned commercial cleaning company that serves businesses in the Long Island, NY area. The company offers janitorial services, building maintenance solutions, as well as sanitary supplies. It specializes in commercial, medical healthcare, educational, industrial, and retail properties.
With limited manpower and resources to carry out outbound prospecting activities in-house, the Client hired the services of Callbox in January of 2015. For the next two-and-a-half years, Callbox served as a close extension of the company’s sales team, consistently providing appointments and leads to its reps and marketing staff.
Before working with Callbox, the Client had been following a 3-point messaging approach in all its marketing communications and sales collateral. The Client required all marketing/sales materials to:
- Be precisely tailored for the Client’s target audience
- Be clearly Mapped to the right stage in the company’s sales cycle
- Tie benefits and pain points back to specific business outcomes
The Client was very clear about meeting these standards. This formed the basis for selecting Callbox since the agency was able to demonstrate these qualities through its flexible service proposal and actual track record in deploying successful marketing campaigns for commercial cleaning firms.
In addition to the Client’s messaging requirements, the company also went into the partnership with Callbox expecting to receive at least 15 qualified appointments from the campaign each month.
The Callbox Solution
Throughout the whole effort, the campaign plan centered on carrying out multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting mainly through an outreach cadence of phone and email touch points.
Callbox then helped the Client identify and refine the campaign’s target prospects which consisted of decision makers handling facilities management, operations, and business service procurement.
The target companies included businesses having at least 75 employees, that operated large Buildings like schools, laboratories, manufacturing facilities, medical practices, and large retail establishments located throughout the Long Island, NY area.
- With the Callbox-supplied prospect list, the campaign was able to increase its reach and scope much more than what was possible with the Client’s own database.
- The Callbox team used SMARTCalling, its proprietary call management algorithm, to determine the optimal times to contact prospects and increase success call rates.
- Prospects who agreed to an in-person or phone meeting with the Client’s reps were tagged as qualified appointments, while contacts who accepted company literature via email were labeled as completed leads.
- The outreach cadence was made up of a combination of phone and email touches tailored for the Client’s specific objectives and targets.
- The campaign relied on emails to initiate contact and nurture prospects, in particular leveraging targeted send-outs for both qualifying leads and distributing marketing literature.
- Callbox’s exclusive Lead Nurture tool enabled easy orchestration of event-driven email touches.
- The entire project ran for 31 months from January 2015 to July 2017. In terms of the KPIs agreed upon at the campaign’s outset, the whole effort generated the following results:
- 622 total qualified appointments (averaging 20 per month)
- 993 total completed leads (averaging 32 per month)
- 1,047 total net new prospects (averaging 33 per month
Callbox was able to maintain delivering 17 to 22 qualified appointments each month throughout the project, which meant that the campaign consistently met the Client’s expectations.
Although the Client did not disclose any figures, the company has mentioned that it had already converted “a great deal” of the Callbox-supplied appointments into new customers.