The thing about telemarketing is the challenge of actually getting in touch with the right business prospects. Consider the amount of effort that you have to invest in converting sales leads prospects into actual business deals, then you have to make sure that you know how to handle the conversation. The nice thing about your business prospects is that, despite their varied personalities, they all fall under one of the six main appointment setting personalities. Once you know what these six are, it would be easier to market your products to them. You just have to be prepared. If not, well, you job will just get harder.
- The skeptics – these are the customers who have made a purchase but were not happy with what was delivered to them. While the disappointment can serve as a good appointment setting opportunity, the skeptics can also be the most difficult people to convince.
- The undecided – there are B2B leads prospects that have a good idea about their problems and what they need to solve them. Perhaps the only reason they might bring you in is to help them how to proceed. Whatever that is you could have offered them can wait. Just go for what you were asked to do for now.
- The lonely – they might be the people who are afraid of solving problems on their own, or they believe that their problem is one in the world. Really, you can deal with this by assuring that you are there to solve their problems. Tell them what kind of problems that you have dealt with, as well as show them that you can solve it.
- The sales-averse – all right, these people are the last people you would want to meet in your telemarketing campaigns for the simple reason that they are not happy dealing with pushy telemarketers. When that happens, you have to show them that you are not just there to sell but to also offer solutions. Give them working tips or advice on how to improve their business, and that interest will soar. Just nurture the relationship first.
- The preoccupied – simply put, your marketing message does not stand out in the minds of your prospects. Maybe the methods you used and the competition are all the same, or you could have copied just the style from another firm. But you can solve that. You just have to be more creative and innovative. Customize your business messages. Make sure it fits with the thinking of your prospects.
- The fearful – the unknown is always a scary place, and even entrepreneurs can be overtaken by that fear. This is the feeling that you might get when talking to prospects who are about to embark on a new process or anything. Most of these business prospects are unsure of your ability. In that case, you should assure them of your expertise. Show them proof of your ability. It also helps you can get a testimonial from a current customer. That can be a big help in convincing these prospects that you are the real deal.
Just a tip here: be yourself. That is one part about you that will help you generate more sales leads in your appointment setting campaign.