For a startup advertising agency who has a good marketing plan but don’t have enough funds, having a lead generation campaign is important to increase their clients.
Knowing the sad state of an advertising agency in the Asia Pacific, it is hard to position your agency in the market. The truth is, generating leads is not that hard, you just have to create a simple step-by-step process. Here are 5 “From zero to hero” steps to help you get started.
Step #1. Cross Channel Marketing.
According to Marketing Sherpa, 80-90% of business to business transactions begin with a search on the web. So it is best to make your business marketing message visible.
Market and reach out to prospects on multiple channels such as:
- Website. Content creation (blog post, video, and infographics)
- Social. Share blog post, video, and infographics.
- Email. Send out introductory emails
- Voice. Pick up the phone and call prospects to gather email and send out information or to introduce your products and services personally.
TIP: Chat. You can add a 24/7 chat support in case a prospect visited your website or read your blog and would want to inquire about something.
Step #2: Segregate your leads and prioritize.
Gather all the inquiries and separate the good leads from the bad based on their responses. For example:
- High quality leads – warm prospects who have an immediate buying plan or will buy anytime soon. These prospects have higher opportunities so they should be prioritized.
- Low quality leads – prospects with lesser opportunities.
- Not qualified leads – Company size and type of industry is not within your target market.
Step #3: Decide what to do next.
Whether through email, social media inquiry, a comment on a blog post, etc, you must reply immediately to prospects who inquire about something, regardless of what medium they use. Why? It has a higher chance of prospect to be converted into a sale.
Step #4: Nurture.
Prospects nowadays have longer buying journey. Nurturing them until they’ve reached the final stage of their buying journey is important. How to effectively nurture your prospects?
- Focus on their needs. If you have different products, only offer products that can benefit them. Don’t push other products just to make a sale.
- Deliver relevant information. Lead nurturing is all about walking them through every stage of their buying process. Each prospect is different. Provide information they can relate into and that are relevant to what they want.
- Stay in touch. When a prospect asks you to contact them again, take note when to touch base with them again. Respect their time and don’t contact them until such time they are ready. For example, a prospect asks to contact him again in 3 months time, callback when it’s almost 3 months. Never call back a week or a month after. However, you can send out information once in awhile, such as brochures or product updates. By doing so, you increase your customer relationship and stay top of mind for when they are ready to listen.
Step #5: Continue to build a relationship.
Building a good relationship doesn’t end when a prospect purchased from you. The success of a company depends on its strong customer relationship. How to do this?
- Address your prospect’s concerns.
- Make sure their needs are met.
- Be honest.
- Always have someone available 24/7 to answer all their inquiries.
A company with happy customers is more likely to stay and become loyal customers.
Lead generation is considered the most effective way to increase sales. As an advertising agency, you must incorporate it as part of your marketing campaign. Whether you decide to do it in-house or outsource a B2B lead generation company, having a lead generation campaign will surely boost your advertising leads and reach your revenue goals.