Generating qualified sales leads is hard work – there is no doubt about it. So it is only natural that you would want to find ways to keep the ones you have. Plus, it is much more cost-effective to retain customers than to attract new ones.
But how will you do that? It all lies with your customer service. Yes, a successful lead generation campaign depends on the quality of customer service you provide to your current and past clients. If you want current customers renew their contracts, or find new ones through referrals, then you need to take a good look on how you treat them.
Having a good customer experience means more satisfied customers. Satisfied customer means they are more likely to refer you to a friend or another family member. More referral means more sales. Existing customers can market your product or service through word of mouth and referrals has higher effect on all purchasing decisions.
So how can you provide good customer service to your existing customers?
1.) By Building Strong Customer Relationship
Think of lifetime value – what kind of ambiance or image do you project to your customers? Is this what you want them to see? Do your employees treat your customers exactly as you envision it to be?
2.) Stay in Touch
Once your appointment setting team has found prospects, are you following up on them, or just sitting back and wait for them to call? A little aggressive marketing can do mean a great deal. However, when nurturing your customers, always follow up with tact and respect.
What to consider when following up on your prospects.
- Consider your prospect’s buying journey. At what point are they in their buying process? What help can you offer them to reach a decision?
- Focus on your prospects’ needs. Supportive tidbits and important news will keep customers familiar with, and interested in a company. A firm can add a call to action or provide contact details to help buyers easily obtain further information. If the prospect has a specific concern—provide educational material.
- Make communication worthy of attention. Do your best to take your customers where they want to go. Important information will make your customers interested with your company. Plus, it is a good way to establish a healthy relationship.
3.) Focus on Experience
Happy and satisfied clients are those who are happy to refer you. However, the opposite is also true. Disappointed clients can also ruin you to their family and friends.
How to WOW your customers with your service?
- Do your best to deliver your promises
- Do not ignore a customer
- Address their complaints, promptly
Do these tips and they’ll be happy to tell their family and friends about you and your business.
4.) Don’t be afraid to ask for referrals
Once you’ve established a good relationship with your client, it’ll be easier for them to recommend you to their family and friends. They are more likely to consider your business.
5.) Social Engagement
Follow your customers on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter or wherever they are involved in. Social engagement can increase your social visibility and can get you more referrals. Hitting the “like” button, sharing and commenting on their post can go a long way. It simply shows you haven’t forgotten them and that you are paying attention.
Providing an excellent customer service is crucial in keeping sales leads that you worked so hard to gain. Communication and good relationship that was built throughout the sales process will create a great customer experience. Follow these tips to increase your client retention and get more referrals.
Learn more how we help small businesses expand in Asia
Talk with our Marketing Consultant, Dial +65 3159.1112