From airlines to music, Richard Branson is certainly one who knows how to make a name for himself. This is something that is integral to the character of the person, at the same time also the reason for his success. It is good that he shares his business know-how with others, since he is also an inspiring figure in the business world. So what can we learn from him for our own business lead generation campaign? Plenty. Actually, his marketing advice is meant for a twelve year-old entrepreneur, but his words echoes facts that can be used in almost all our marketing campaigns. If we really want to be able to generate a lot of qualified B2B leads, you should take a look at his marketing tips:
- “Is the pricing right?” – price, while it can be defended, might also be the reason why prospects will say no. This is a challenge faced by a lot of us, especially during our appointment setting campaign. He suggested using the Like a Virgin: offer your service for free, and if they are happy, they pay you whatever amount they think is right.
- “Is the equipment up to date?” – sometimes, the equipment you use may also affect the way prospects perceive your business. You might have to make a little extra investment, but if this will mean better sales leads coming your way, then it is a worthy expenditure. Besides, the additional costs might actually help you focus more on your business.
- “Do some research to find your most likely customers” – you might have to conduct a phone survey campaign or a telemarketing call, but your focus here is in isolating the market segment most likely to accept your business offer. There are times that the people who will buy from you may not actually be the ones you had in mind. So do your research well. You might be amazed at what you might find out.
- “Can you broaden the services you offer?” – diversification is also key to better business performance. It may be possible that a prospect needs a specific service that is not delivered by their current supplier. This is an opportunity that you should take advantage. Provided that you know how to deliver it, and that it can give you the edge, offering additional or alternative business solutions can help your marketing campaign become more successful.
- “Offer to donate some of your proceeds to a local charity” – the positive feeling that they are contributing something to the community is something that cannot be ignored by most business prospects. Also, this is a perfect way to boost your image in the market.
Of course, you should also focus on the people doing your lead generation work. In case you do not have a marketing team of your own, it might be a good idea to outsource it to a professional appointment setting team. This is a business investment that can give you good returns. Just make sure that you hire the right one.