Yes, you read the title right. Despite what pundits are saying all the time (now, I wonder what happened to them?), content still plays a key role in generating sales leads for your business in Singapore. It can come in many forms, like a simple tweet, Facebook post, a video, a webinar, or a blog article. There are great ones, as well as really bad ones, but as for the best of these lead generation tools, you will notice a similarity in all of them: the best ones have the best content. Now, more than ever, you need to keep your content fresh, helpful, and direct to the point. And here are the reasons why:
- More and more marketers understand the power of content – yes, be it the information written on an email or the main points enumerated during a telemarketing call, if you use the right kind of content, then you will attract more B2B leads. That is the truth.
- More marketers are competing now in terms of content – since they now understand the power of content, a lot of marketers will be fighting each other to release their content first. If one succeeds, you can be sure that others are not far behind.
- More content is needed – if last year, a press release or white paper is enough to last a year, then expect that this will not be enough today. In fact, if you want to stay on the same level of productivity last year, you need to release a whitepaper every month. For every persona that your company has.
- More marketing tools are becoming content-powered – email, web advertising, search, social media, all these disciplines have to depend on the quality of their content if they want to cultivate interest during their appointment setting campaigns. This is the first step they need to generate more B2B leads.
- More efficiency is being made in terms of information dissemination – with the development of new technologies and platforms in which to share and disseminate information, a lot of marketers today can send more content with the same budget.
What does this say about content marketing and its future? Perhaps one word can best explain it: flood. Yes, it will be a deluge of content. Maybe it is happening now, what with the virtual information overload we have now. So, what should we do about it? How can we get an edge over the competition?
The keyword here is quality. You need to create and share quality content. It is no longer enough to just share the latest market figures to your business prospects. You now need to present it in an engaging and entertaining manner. True, the data is still the same, but you need to make it more interesting. Cultivating interest is crucial in your lead generation campaign in Singapore. Without it, you will not get anywhere near generating any sales leads.
Quality is important, there is no doubt about that. Not just in the products or services you offer, it also includes the content you share with others.