Expat-Focused Financial Planning Firm Expands in Niche SG Market
The Client offers several lines of financial planning services to expats currently working and residing in Singapore. The firm’s client portfolio primarily consists of UK expatriates, which has seen a steady year-over-year growth since its inception. The Client has also received a number of industry awards and recognition as one of Singapore’s leading and most trusted financial advisory groups.
In 2016, the firm underwent administrative and operational streamlining. One area impacted by the changes was customer acquisition. The new business development strategy assigned prospecting and nurturing responsibilities into a single in-house team, which sometimes resulted in the same individual doing the tasks of researching prospects, screening contacts, booking introductory meetings, and following up on opportunities.
The client wants its business development team to concentrate on bottom-of-funnel activities, so that they can devote more time and effort to crucial points in the conversion funnel. The firm plans to delegate most activities in its current prospecting process to a reputable third-party provider.
• Completed a highly successful campaign for an SG financial advisory group targeting a niche market
• Enhanced quality of sales conversations by enabling the Client’s in-house team to concentrate on bottom-of-funnel engagement
• Accelerated the Client’s conversion cycle through a combination of personalized emails and targeted calls
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client chose Callbox after evaluating a number of options, citing Callbox’s extensive project portfolio of Singapore campaigns along with its flexibility to seamlessly integrate into the Client’s ongoing business development workflow.
Callbox then closely collaborated with the Client to develop a campaign plan that combines personalized email touches with targeted phone calls to:
Some key campaign activities include:
Callbox carried out the campaign until all records in the Client’s list were contacted and followed up. It took the team two months to complete the project. Most of the campaign’s initial stages were spent on email outreach. Some key results of the campaign’s email marketing activities include:
The campaign’s 46 qualified appointments began trickling in near the end of the first month (17 appointments) and increased in the second month (29 appointments), as warm contacts during the email outreach phase started converting into qualified prospects.
While the Client hasn’t specified how much of the 46 phone appointments it expects to close as new customers, the Client says the quality of conversations with the Callbox-supplied opportunities has prompted an upward adjustment to its pipeline growth forecast.
Callbox Aced Appointment Setting for Accounting Expert
The accounting expert serves as an integral extension of its clients, ensuring all tasks are accurately completed. However recently, competition became fierce as competitors started to offer equally interesting services and even used enticing branding images which made the Client indistinguishable from its industry peers.
The Client decided on offering a FREE-TRIAL to target customers. Well aware that this required expertise in pursuing prospects and getting them to agree to meet with the Client’s consultants to discuss signing up for the free trial, the Client searched for an appointment setting company that best fit their needs and chose Callbox.
• Validated and updated contact details via Customer Profiling campaign.
• Filtered active contacts and identified the most appointment-ready key-decision makers and those who were interested to discuss, via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Reached and spoke with prospects at their most convenient time via Callbox’s SMART Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox ran a Customer Profiling campaign along with Appointment Setting to update the Client’s database and to build a new set of qualified prospects.
1. An initial email copy which contained news releases about the Client’s FREE TRIAL offer were sent to target customers.
2. Active emails from prospects who responded, clicked links and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow-up calls.
3. Responses also gave the Callbox team the opportunity to filter the most available prospects to touch base with via the CTA link (scheduling
option) in the email copies.
4. Bounces were filtered and saved for follow-up calls for the agents to update as they speak with the prospect.
RESULTS AND RETURN ON INVESTMENTS
The first four weeks were the busiest days of the campaign period as the Callbox team was juggling between getting together a fitting list of contacts to profile and setting appointments with those contacts at the same time, but successfully delivered 11 solid appointments.
Between the 5th and 8th weeks, with the Callbox team effectively done with the initial calls, follow-up calls came out more productive as most of the prospects the team spoke with were already knowledgeable of the free trial and have learned of the service’s benefits from other prospects via testimonial videos linked through the follow-up emails. This phase of the campaign generated 13 more appointments for the accounting expert.
The last 4 weeks (9th to 12th) had the Callbox team equally busy but more delighted as follow-ups that were nurtured during the start of the campaign eventually converted into appointments and impressed the Client with 15 appointments at the closing.
Callbox Lends B2C Expertise to Debt Management Firm in AU-wide Campaign
The Client is among the country’s many credit repair and debt relief companies offering Part IX Debt administration, which are services that help customers handle debt and avoid personal bankruptcy. The Client is looking to expand its share of this growing sector with its unique value proposition centered around having “the fairest fee structure in the market” as well as its reputation as an established industry player.
While there are ample opportunities to increase its customer base for debt agreement solutions, the Client also faces a number of hurdles when it comes to marketing and promoting these services.
Regulations related to the aggressive marketing of debt agreements and cases of misrepresentation by other debt relief providers have made finding potential customers even more challenging.
Accordingly, the Client decided to focus its debt agreement marketing initiatives only on individuals who have already expressed some level of interest in its other loan services and have communicated with the Client in the recent past. This ensured that the target prospects are not entirely cold while, at the same time, providing the Client with the needed information to refine the outreach effort.
Based on these initial requirements, the Client was able to come up with a list of potential customers to target with its debt agreement offer. The plan called for the Client’s in-house consultants to contact qualified prospects and find out how its solutions fit with their current financial situation.
To maximize their consultants’ productivity, the Client opted to hire the services of a third-party provider for carrying out the initial touch points and qualifying activities. The Client chose Callbox because of the latter’s experience in planning and executing Australia-wide lead generation campaigns as well as its roster of clients in the heavily-regulated financial services sector.
• Carried out a successful targeted B2C campaign in a heavily-regulated industry
• Hit campaign targets consistently throughout the entire nine-month duration
• Outperformed B2C benchmarks in terms of reach and response rates
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Callbox team put together a phone-based lead generation program designed for a B2C campaign. Due to the nature of the project (i.e., aimed at consumers), it was determined that the best approach would be to engage prospects solely through live conversations without integrating other channels into the mix.
The main goal of the campaign revolved around identifying prospects willing to find out more about how the Client could help them in their current financial situation. Some key activities of the lead generation campaign include:
1. The client provided the Callbox team with records tobe contacted. The list only included individuals who have interacted with the Client in the past such as through a loan application. As is standard practice in Callbox campaigns, the list was thoroughly profiled and validated before being used.
2. Campaign materials and collaterals, including call scripts, were produced in close consultation with the Client to ensure compliance.
3. Agents qualified every prospect with probing questions that identified their suitability and willingness to further engage with the Client’s debt counselors. Prospects having personal debt, net assets, and disposable income within a given range were tagged as qualified leads.
The entire campaign ran for a total of nine months or 198 days (at 22 days/month) given that the Client renewed its contract with Callbox several times after the initial pilot phase. The following table shows a monthly breakdown of some key indicators throughout the campaign duration:
Additionally, the campaign was able to yield the following metrics in terms of activity, reach, and response:
• Reach rates of up to 55% with an average of 31%. By comparison, a reach rate of 15% is considered acceptable while 30% is quite good.
• Response rates of over 18% with an average of 11%, which is in line with phone prospecting benchmarks of 9% to 10% for this type of list.
All in all, the nine-month campaign produced a total of 505 qualified leads handed over for further engagement with the Client’s in-house consultants. By the Client’s own estimates, between 70% to 80% of the leads are expected to become customers within six months after the campaign. As such, the Client is looking to potentially generate around 354 to 404 new customers for its Part IX Debt Agreement dministration services.
|USA||+1 888.810.7464 Toll free|
|Australia||+61 2 9037.2248|
|New Zealand||+64 9914.3122|
|Hong Kong||+852 3678.6708|