NZ B2B Media Company On Track to Hit Targets with Callbox
The Client offers video production services to corporate and business customers all over New Zealand. The company maintains a portfolio of video projects used in internal and external communications, company profiles, corporate announcements, events coverage, customer testimonials, product guides, training resources, and promotional materials.
The company recently ramped up its customer acquisition objectives, with particular focus given to mid-sized organizations located in the Auckland and Hamilton areas. The Client wanted to grow its market share in the “Golden Triangle” region, where the company expects demand for corporate video productions to outpace the rest of the country.
In order to meet its new targets with the sales resources and manpower it currently has, the Client believes it’s going to need the help of a third-party agency doing much of the top-of-funnel prospecting legwork, so that its sales development team can exclusively focus on mid- to bottom-of-funnel stages.
• Combined one-on-one sales calls with targeted email outreach to drive conversations in successful NZ campaign
• Handed off qualified sales appointments that match Client’s target customer profile and level of solution fit
• Helped Client increase both sales opportunities and pipeline value
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
The Client partnered with Callbox after reviewing proposals from a number of marketing agencies. Callbox met all the Client’s requirements in terms of value and experience, with the Client saying that the extensive New Zealand records in Callbox’s proprietary database was a key determining factor.
Callbox then closely collaborated with the Client to plan out a 3-month appointment setting campaign that integrated one-on-one calls with targeted email outreach. The campaign’s overall goal was to introduce the Client’s video production services to relevant decision makers from companies in its target industries and to book qualified prospects for a meeting with the Client’s reps.
The campaign began by initiating contact and nurturing warm leads through targeted email outreach. Accordingly, most of the results generated during the campaign’s first couple of weeks were almost exclusively related to email marketing initiatives, including average delivery rates of 98%, open rates of 33%, and CTRs of 7%.
As the initial phase started winding down during the second half of the first month, the campaign began seeing steady appointment setting results. Here’s a month-by-month breakdown:
Out of the 40 total qualified appointments, the Client expects to turn 75% (or 30) into sales-qualified opportunities. With average close rates of 60%, the Client can potentially generate around 18 new customers from the campaign within the next sales cycle.
IT Firm Picks Callbox’s ‘Consultative Fit’, Hits Goals in Ongoing Campaign
With over eight years of experience in the IT consulting and professional services space, the Client now ranks as one of the most trusted service providers in the industry and has successfully partnered with companies like Citrix Systems, AppSense, Blue Coat, and Apple (mobility).
The Client started out in 2009 as a white-label supplier of IT services to vendors and resellers. These companies would subcontract the Client to perform services on their behalf, often without the end customers knowing about the Client’s involvement. In 2014, the company refocused toward directly providing services to enterprises and organizations.
This move presented a bit of a branding conundrum for the company. The main challenge was finding a way to embed its extensive experience as an IT subcontractor for specific VDI, cloud services, and security verticals in the value proposition for its new business model.
For that reason, the Client undertook a massive marketing program that simultaneously focused on branding and customer acquisition. The customer acquisition plan highlighted nurturing leads in-house with the Client’s marketing team while delegating top-of-funnel prospecting activities to a third-party agency.
The Client chose Callbox as its outsourced marketing partner due to a number of factors, with the main one being the “consultative fit” that Callbox’s marketing solutions offered. The Client pointed out that taking a consultative approach to a project (rather than a purely engineering perspective) was their key differentiator and that Callbox was also able to demonstrate this by being more of a marketing advisor than a marketing agency. Given the Client’s marketing goals, the challenge is two-fold:
• Finding and identifying qualified opportunities for the Client’s customer acquisition efforts
• Generating awareness about the Client’s different IT consulting and professional services
• Planned and executed an ongoing appointment setting campaign for an IT services company
• Reached and engaged IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs in AU and NZ via phone, email and social media
• Stayed on target at each phase of the campaigncleansed and up-to-date contact list
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Both the Callbox team and the Client agree that an integrated appointment setting campaign best meets the latter’s requirements. The campaign primarily consists of phone-based conversations enhanced with email and social media touch points.
In addition, the campaign timeline is divided into weekly or biweekly segments, with each segment focusing exclusively on a specific solution that the Client offers. These include BlueCoat, Zscaler, Radware, Apple, and CheckPoint—along with general consultancy services, business analyst services, and other IT project services. Other key campaign activities are as follows:
1. Prior to the start of the campaign, the Callbox team compiled and profiled the prospect list comprised of IT managers, CIOs, and CTOs from companies headquartered or operating in Australia and New Zealand.
2. Since the campaign is made up of different phases, the Callbox team prepares campaign materials for each stage. These are sent to the Client for review and approval.
3. Call scripts are based on a list of eight probing questions given by the Client. Each script gauges a prospect’s need and fit for a specific IT product or solution.
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
1. The campaign uses two types of email messages:
A. Intro/follow-up emails
B. Targeted send-outs
Intro/follow-up emails help warm up and nurture phone prospects, while targeted send-outs are intended for prospects who request more information.
2. The Callbox team does the bulk of the campaign’s email marketing activities through the Pipeline Lead Nurture tool. This ensures targeted,
personalized, and timely emails.
3. The campaign team applies best practices and precautions to avoid spam complaints and to maintain good sender reputation.
At time of writing, the campaign has completed three
months’ worth of multi-channel appointment setting activities and is already at the final week of its fourth month.
Like most of Callbox’s integrated appointment setting projects, the early stages of the Client’s campaign primarily revolved around email activities for warming up prospects and refining the campaign focus. Open rates for the bulk send-outs reached 10.2%, 11.4%, and 23.0% for the first, second, and third months, respectively. The campaign was also able to maintain hard bounces and unsubscribes within acceptable limits.
Since the campaign calendar is subdivided into weekly or biweekly segments that focus on a particular IT solution, the overall monthly appointment setting results tend not to follow a definite trend.
The campaign, so far, has generated the followingmonthly outcomes:
• First month: 14 appointments
• Second month: 8 appointments
• Third month: 7 appointments and 3 leads completed
The campaign is still ongoing and, so far, it has delivered 29 appointments. Since these appointments have been qualified using a highly targeted set of parameters, the Client expects to move 80% of these appointments further down the funnel as sales-qualified Leads (SQLs). In addition, the company has a track record of closing 30% to 40% of SQLs after 6 months in the pipeline. This means that the Client can
potentially generate up to 9 new customers from this leg of the campaign.
Callbox Aced Appointment Setting for Accounting Expert
The accounting expert serves as an integral extension of its clients, ensuring all tasks are accurately completed. However recently, competition became fierce as competitors started to offer equally interesting services and even used enticing branding images which made the Client indistinguishable from its industry peers.
The Client decided on offering a FREE-TRIAL to target customers. Well aware that this required expertise in pursuing prospects and getting them to agree to meet with the Client’s consultants to discuss signing up for the free trial, the Client searched for an appointment setting company that best fit their needs and chose Callbox.
• Validated and updated contact details via Customer Profiling campaign.
• Filtered active contacts and identified the most appointment-ready key-decision makers and those who were interested to discuss, via the Pipeline Lead Nurture Tool
• Reached and spoke with prospects at their most convenient time via Callbox’s SMART Calling system
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Callbox ran a Customer Profiling campaign along with Appointment Setting to update the Client’s database and to build a new set of qualified prospects.
1. An initial email copy which contained news releases about the Client’s FREE TRIAL offer were sent to target customers.
2. Active emails from prospects who responded, clicked links and visited the Client’s company website were saved for follow-up calls.
3. Responses also gave the Callbox team the opportunity to filter the most available prospects to touch base with via the CTA link (scheduling
option) in the email copies.
4. Bounces were filtered and saved for follow-up calls for the agents to update as they speak with the prospect.
RESULTS AND RETURN ON INVESTMENTS
The first four weeks were the busiest days of the campaign period as the Callbox team was juggling between getting together a fitting list of contacts to profile and setting appointments with those contacts at the same time, but successfully delivered 11 solid appointments.
Between the 5th and 8th weeks, with the Callbox team effectively done with the initial calls, follow-up calls came out more productive as most of the prospects the team spoke with were already knowledgeable of the free trial and have learned of the service’s benefits from other prospects via testimonial videos linked through the follow-up emails. This phase of the campaign generated 13 more appointments for the accounting expert.
The last 4 weeks (9th to 12th) had the Callbox team equally busy but more delighted as follow-ups that were nurtured during the start of the campaign eventually converted into appointments and impressed the Client with 15 appointments at the closing.
|USA||+1 888.810.7464 Toll free|
|Australia||+61 2 9037.2248|
|New Zealand||+64 9914.3122|
|Hong Kong||+852 3678.6708|