On average, seasoned reps get past gatekeepers only 13% of the time.
For newcomers, that number goes down to 1%.
With the 4 proven sales call best practices in this video,
you’ll be able to reach prospects every time you dial.
But first, let’s understand what gatekeepers really do.
When gatekeepers screen out calls,
they’re really just doing two things:
- Keeping the wrong person away from the boss
- Letting the right person reach the boss
Clearly, you want to find yourself in the second scenario.
Here are 4 ways to make this happen…
#1 Get yourself referred
The top 2 reasons why executives meet with sales reps are:
- Referrals from people in their companies
- Referrals from trusted external sources
So, leverage your network and ask for an introduction.
#2 Connect with the prospect before calling
Avoid gatekeepers by making prospects expect your call
- Send a short intro email
- Ask for industry-specific advice via LinkedIn or Twitter
The point is to build a relationship well before dialing.
#3 Mention something you learned about the prospect
Show gatekeepers you’re someone who knows about the prospect
- Point out a recent award, published post, or announcement by the decision-maker
- Explain how your call relates to the prospect’s role
The idea is to avoid sounding like you just called out of nowhere.
#4 Stay in charge but be diplomatic
Keep in mind that the person who asks the questions controls the call
- Always redirect with a question
- Resist the itch to pitch
Gatekeepers don’t have the authority to approve your offer, so stay firmly in control.
Now, try these 4 ideas out on your next sales call.
Read the latest updates on The Savvy Marketer’s Blog
Contact us or Dial +65 3159.1112
Add us on WhatsApp: +65 8479 5947
Grab a copy of our FREE EBOOK, The Ultimate Lead Generation Kit Ebook! Updated with links to the best and latest techniques that will help generate quality sales leads for your business