Some exciting and explosive flicks are lined up for 2017: fantasy action “Wonder Woman”, adventure “Kong: Skull Island”, animation “The Boss Baby” and thriller “Annabelle 2”. Each flick was creatively filmed to bear unique plot and relatable story but as to who would take home the prestigious Oscar or bag the biggest ticket gross for 2017, is yet to be known.
ERP software companies, like film production companies, radically brainstorm for an ample period to come up with the most tactical marketing strategies that would boost sales and maximize marketing efforts. However, as to which one is most effective and deliver ROI to the business depends on how the whole process of a single strategy was holistically carried out.
So here’s a ticket to a list of award-winning marketing strategies to sell an ERP software:
Customers visit your website or come to your store when they are looking out for solutions. So you have to make sure that you have a very strong online presence that shows cogent content about your ERP solution in order to achieve higher chances of converting prospects into leads. But don’t just stop at counting website visits, queries and following up on prospects. Spare ample time and effort on nurturing customers like how Foradian technologies does:
- Giving the basic product as free & open source
- Interviewing happy customers and publishing in blogs
- Applying to various award competitions, winning the awards increase credibility & conversion
- Free demo with full documentation
- Celebrating success in social media
Some say Outbound Marketing is dead but a recent survey by Discover.org to 1,000 IT executives showed “forever” on the effectiveness of outbound marketing:
- 60% said outbound calls or emails have led to an IT vendors being evaluated. tweet this!
- 75% said they’ve decided to attend an event or take an appointment after having received a cold call or email. tweet this
According to Marketingprofs.com, most companies today bank on social selling like content marketing, blogging, search engine optimization and social engagement but the data from Discover.org proved that traditional outbound marketing tactics like cold calling and emails remain to be very effective strategies. These have evolved through time and technology which at some point have well worked when collaborated with inbound marketing. Below are best practices that have strongly founded Outbound marketing:
- Draft a script when cold calling or sending emails, make sure the tone is conversational.
- Respect your prospect’s time by placing your calls at the time they are most convenient.
- Make it personal by building rapport and being mindful about your prospect or customer’s concerns and interests.
Here are some guides you could look into:
- 5 Things Every Prospecting Email Must Have Before Hitting ‘Send’
- Outbound Marketing: Reaching out to your Target Market
- Can’t Wait for Leads to Come In? Use Outbound Marketing Effort in Singapore!
With the use of digital technologies like the internet, mobile phones, display advertising and other digital medium, marketing in general has become a very easy process for both B2B and B2C deals.
Many software companies believe and still use traditional marketing but quite a number took on the challenge to employ advanced and more aggressive marketing strategies like digital marketing due to reasons below from Hubspot:
- Increased website traffic
Data is the core reference for each key performance metric set by businesses to gauge success but digital marketing introduced a “farm-to-table-like” process in data gathering via digital analytics. Now you see how many people visited your website, clicked a link, downloaded a form or sent a query.
- Content Performance and Lead Generation
Brochures used to be handed out from person to person but time and technology took this practice online. One can now release and distribute important information about his product and services via content marketing tactic supported by data gathered through CTAs.
Related: Dummies Guide for Content Marketing
- Attribution Modelling
Track results real time, get to reach your prospects with the right message at the right time and be able to see trends in your prospects and customers’ buying habits. All these can be done/accessed via nurture tools which will save much time and efforts on lead conversion process.
Check out: Callbox Lead Nurture Tool
Don’t restrain your sales and marketing efforts from discovering other strategies in selling your ERP software. The traditional process may be working well for you but there maybe something else or new to look forward to that will bolster results.
Go ahead and see which strategy: inbound, outbound or digital would bring an Oscar-like, top-grossing success for your business.
Talk with our Marketing Consultant, Dial +65 6248.5023 or +65 3159.1112