Callbox Keeps EMR Firm’s Sales Reps Busy with Qualified Appointments
- Handled the bulk of prospecting activities for widely-recognized medical software provider
- Exceeded Client’s expectations in terms of quantity and quality of appointments delivered, leading to long-term contract renewal
- Combined phone, email, and social media in a fully-integrated, highly-targeted B2B campaign
The Client is a medical software company that specializes in emergency department (ED) information systems. The company’s primary product line is its flagship best-in-class ED medical record application widely used by healthcare facilities in the U.S. and Canada to improve patient care quality and operational efficiency.
The Client sells its trademark high-performance ED software system to hospitals all over the United States and Canada. The browser-based application helps improve ED performance with a full suite of operational and management tools. It also provides interoperability with the hospital’s EMR and other healthcare information systems involved in the patient’s care.
The company’s main product enjoys significant brand equity, but as competition continues to tighten in the medical software space, the Client has adopted a more aggressive growth strategy.
This recent shift is starting to overstretch the company’s marketing and sales resources. Their inside sales team has consistently been unable to meet the new prospecting targets, especially in terms of call volumes, number of prospects reached, and early-stage conversions. The new strategy also reveals gaps in the Client’s marketing data, with record counts often falling short of campaign requirements.
That’s why the company wants to outsource the bulk of its prospecting activities to a third-party agency. These activities include initial outreach, lead qualification, desk research, data validation, and appointment setting.
The Client, however, requires a marketing partner that can seamlessly become part of its sales process. In particular, the company wants to hire a provider with deep domain knowledge of healthcare information systems in order to engage prospects better.
The Callbox Solution
Callbox’s industry-specific, integrated appointment setting solutions placed it on top of the Client’s shortlist. But it was Callbox’s lengthy track record of launching successful campaigns for medical software companies that convinced the Client to choose Callbox as its marketing partner.
The Client originally signed up for a monthly appointment setting contract, but after four months opted for a full-year campaign, as the project consistently exceeded requirements in terms of quantity and quality of appointments. The campaign covered prospecting activities the Client wanted to farm out, including:
1. Callbox compiled and profiled the campaign contact list using the parameters specified by the Client.
2. The Callbox team also prepared the call script which included probing questions to qualify the prospect and set a follow-up meeting.
3. Contacts who agreed to a scheduled phone meeting with a Client’s rep were labeled as qualified appointments.
1. The Callbox team created and tested two email templates to be used in the campaign: the intro email and the targeted send-out.
2. The intro email primed prospects for upcoming campaign touch points.
3. The template for targeted send-outs was used to distribute other marketing collaterals from the Client.
1. As part of Callbox’s multi-channel approach, the team engaged positive contacts by connecting with them on LinkedIn.
2. The campaign also relied on prospect information collected and verified using LinkedIn.
3. LinkedIn also served as a tool to increase the Client’s online visibility and brand.
The campaign has now completed a total of four months’ worth of appointment setting activities and is currently in its 5th month.
Callbox’s multi-touch, multi-channel appointment setting programs typically devote the first couple of weeks to warming up and nurturing prospects. That’s why it’s not uncommon to see the opening two or so weeks generate mainly email or social media results:
• Email reply rate: 3.77%
• Email conversions: 7
• Linkedin connections: 234
• Linkedin groups: 15
It’s only after the first couple of weeks that the campaign generated appointments in earnest, as shown below
The campaign has so far delivered a total of 91 qualified appointments. While the Client hasn’t disclosed how many of these meetings their reps can send proposals to or how many they expect to turn into customers, the Client is very impressed with both the quantity and quality of appointments generated. In fact, the Client has recently signed a full-year contract with Callbox