Managed IT Firm, a Long-Term Callbox Client, Closes $150K in One Campaign
The Client started working with Callbox in 2017. Throughout the ensuing 12 months, Callbox has remained a strategic marketing partner for the company, helping them reach key business milestones.
As an extension of the Client’s marketing team, Callbox is responsible for planning and executing targeted outbound prospecting campaigns based on the company’s growth objectives and revenue goals.
During the project’s first two campaigns, the Client focused on increasing awareness and acquiring customers for its growing suite of managed services aimed at SMEs in the Atlanta metropolitan area.
As the company’s marketing priorities shifted (such as the addition of new offerings like its IT advisory and cloud management solutions into the product mix), Callbox was consistently able to readapt how it planned and managed campaigns according to the Client’s changing requirements.
The specialized nature of the Client’s services also meant that marketing reps handling the Client’s campaigns needed to have a good technical grasp of the offerings. This ensured that the company’s unique value proposition was effectively communicated to the target prospects.
In August 2018, the Client expanded into the Australian market by setting up an office in Sydney. The bulk of the outbound activities have since been refocused toward engaging potential customers in the new market
- Designed and deployed a long-term appointment setting program for a managed IT solution provider
- Accelerated the Client’s pipeline growth with consistent stream of qualified appointments
- Delivered prospects that converted into $150,000 in new contracts for the Client
THE CALLBOX SOLUTION
Each three-month campaign consisted of an integrated phone and email outreach cadence designed to qualify prospects and book them for a meeting with the Client’s reps. Accordingly, each campaign focused on three main activities:
Researching and Profiling Contacts
- Callbox helped the Client refine its ideal customer profile (ICP) by analyzing and documenting its target market and existing customers.
- Callbox’s database team then collected contacts that matched the ICP through Callbox’s in-house data repository and also through desk research.
- For both Atlanta and Sydney campaigns, the Client wanted to target business owners, office managers, it managers, and finance managers from companies in 10 industries, with 15 to 500 employees.
Outreach and Follow-up Activities
- The campaigns followed a multi-touch outreach cadence primarily made up of email and phone touches to contact and schedule prospects for one-on-one meetings with the Client’s reps.
- Social media was also used in later campaigns as an added touch point for profiling and nurturing leads.
- The Callbox team prepared all campaign materials including the call scripts, email templates, landing pages, and social media posts.
- The first two campaigns were executed using the Client’s own CRM, but later projects were migrated to Pipeline (Callbox’s proprietary marketing automation tool).
- Pipeline includes SMARTCalling, a data-driven call optimization feature, to maximize decision maker reach, as well as Lead Nurture tool to help the Client customize the outreach cadence.
- Callbox also provided real-time updates on campaign progress and lead/appointment status, and sent out timely notifications to ensure meetings took place as scheduled.
The project has now completed three full campaigns (each with three months of appointment setting activities) and is currently in the middle of the fourth campaign. So far, the results are in line with the Client’s targets.
The three completed campaigns have generated a total of 90 qualified appointments, or an average of 30 per campaign (around 10 per month). The Client says this far exceeds what their team can produce in-house.
More importantly, during the second campaign, the Client was able to win new contracts worth $150,000 from the appointments delivered by the Callbox team.